Monday, March 29, 2010

Fajita-ish Chicken

Okay, so, usually I have a plan for dinner. Tonight I did not. So, I threw a few things in a pan hoping to replicate a little fajita-ish flavor for my flavor-deprived boy. Turned out great and I ate half. Oops. The portions are small b/c I thought I was cooking for one. I'll update the next time I make it for larger portions.

1/2 organic chicken breast, sliced very thin against grain and diced.
1/2 organic zucchini, pealed and diced
1/2 organic red pepper, diced.

Marinade:
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp oil (light olive works well)
1 Tbsp honey
1/4 tsp coriander (can be increased if you like more fajita-ish flavor)
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp salt
2 cloves diced garlic

Mix marinade and pour over chicken and veggies. Let sit 15 minutes. Dump everything into a VERY hot skillet and stir-fry until done.

1 comment:

Ladyhobbes said...

oh my.. this sounds awesome!!! Me thinks we'll be having fajitas soon! :)